Holyrood Street has a stylish shop selling goods in aid of Gift to Nature. Island countryside conservation charity the Island 2000 Trust opened its first shop in 2017 to get the countryside message to the high street.
- 10am-4.30pm Tuesday to Friday
- 10am-4.00pm Saturday
- Closed Sunday and Mon
The Gift to Nature shop is selling both new and preloved products (see further down for a list), all focussed on the outdoor, garden and countryside theme.
Gift to Nature cares for over 30 sites Island wide. We are on a mission to raise the funds to ensure the future of these vital public places. From Brading Down to Golden Hill Fort, the work we do every day, is reliant on funds raised by the public.
The Holyrood Street premises has an attractive shop front and a peaceful garden area where a great range of locally-sourced plants and other outdoors and garden goods can be bought.
Visit the shop at 12 Holyrood St, Newport PO30 5AU.
If you’ve got any lovely things of any sort to donate, or if you fancy volunteering at the shop, contact us!
We’re happy to take any donations you might have, but we would particularly love to receive any donations related to any of the following:
- Tools, Planters, Plants, Garden ornaments, Garden furniture, Clothing, books
- Tents, Backpacks Walking boots and wellies, walking sticks, outdoor eating, Rugs and blankets, folding furniture, wellies and walking boots, clothing.
- Equipment or clothing or books. Fishing, Boating, Equestrian, Golf, walking, running, ball sports, skateboarding, climbing, watersports etc
We would also welcome
- Home décor reflecting any of the above
- Artwork relating to any of the above
- Jewellery reflecting or using the natural world in its design
If you are a local artist and you would like to sell through our lovely shop please talk to us about our agency service, where we can sell your items on a commission basis.
Donations can de taken to our Shide Meadows Centre head office but please call first to make sure one of our part time staff is on hand – 01983 296244 or the shop direct between the hours of 10.30 and 4pm Tuesday – Saturday. Call or email for collection.