Holyrood Street has a stylish new shop – and it’s all in aid of Gift to Nature. Island countryside conservation charity the Island 2000 Trust has opened its first shop to get the countryside message to the high street.
- 10am-4.30pm Tuesday to Friday
- 9.30am-4.30pm Saturday
- Closed Sun-Mon
The Gift to Nature shop is selling both new and preloved products (see further down for a list), all focussed on the outdoor, garden and countryside theme.
Gift to Nature cares for over 30 sites Island wide. We are on a mission to raise the funds to ensure the future of these vital public places. From Brading Down to Golden Hill Fort, the work they do every day, is totally reliant on funds raised by the public and on Friday 26th May they will open their first high street shop in Newport.
The Holyrood Street premises has a brand new shop front and a peaceful garden area where a great range of locally-sourced plants and other outdoors and garden goods can be bought.
Jayne Deas, the new Gift to Nature Retail Manager, says “I am really excited to join the Gift to Nature team and to be managing such a beautiful shop, and I’d welcome volunteers to help me in our new venture. If you would like to find out more please pop in to Holyrood Street or give me a ring on 641972”
Visit the shop at 12 Holyrood St, Newport PO30 5AU.
If you’ve got any lovely things to donate, or if you fancy volunteering at the shop, contact us!
Big thanks to Aspire Ryde, the Quarr Abbey Community and HMP Isle of Wight for helping us with donations of plants.
The shop has a garden area and we would love to receive any donations related to any of the following:
- Tools, Planters, Plants, Garden ornaments, Garden furniture, Clothing, books
- Tents, Backpacks Walking boots and wellies, walking sticks, outdoor eating, Rugs and blankets, folding furniture, wellies and walking boots, clothing.
- Equipment or clothing or books. Fishing, Boating, Equestrian, Golf, walking, running, ball sports, skateboarding, climbing, watersports etc
We would also welcome
- Home décor reflecting any of the above
- Artwork relating to any of the above
- Jewellery reflecting or using the natural world in its design
If you have higher value items that you would like to sell please talk to us about our agency service, where we can sell your items on a commission basis.
Drop items at our Shide Meadows Centre head office or call or email for collection.